Leidos is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) ) Analyst with a focus on test validation. You will have a key role within our software development teams and be responsible for testing against stated requirements and specific industry standards. You will design and implement test cases which verify approved requirements and document results, assist with software application troubleshooting and technical diagnosis, and identify changes in support of continuous improvement of the current test process. The successful candidate will bring hands-on experience testing complex custom coded Web-based software applications and tools, as well as experience executing formal, written functional, integration, and system test procedures in compliance with widely recognized standards including CMMI ML3 or higher and ISO 9001:2008 or 2015. Ultimately, you will monitor all stages of the software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions and meet quality standards.
You must enjoy a fast paced atmosphere, be detail oriented and have a solid understanding of agile methodology. You will conduct regression testing and 508 compliance testing, and work with senior team members on requirements documentation. You will share your expertise in a variety of software QA concepts, practices, and procedures; participate in the development and maintenance of test cases, test approaches, and test plans; conduct manual functional testing, regression testing, system integration testing; configure and execute automated testing; support user acceptance testing; and report issues found during the test life cycle.
Education: Post-Secondary Degree, or equivalent years of experience.
Experience: 3+ years of QA / Test Engineer experience.
Clearance: Public Trust Clearance preferred; ability to obtain after hire required.
Related Experience Should Include:
- 3+ years’ experience performing QA/Test Engineer duties with a solid understanding of agile methodology and defect lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of process for eliciting, analyzing, and verifying requirements in an Agile development environment.
- Working on CMMI for DEV ML3 or higher appraised projects, and audit experience in ISO 9001:2008 or 2015 standards.
- Working in a Microsoft software engineering environment, testing products developed using .NET and a SQL Server backend.
- Black box, functional, integration, system, and regression testing on new and existing functionality (designing and developing regression test cases/test scenarios).
- Use of automated testing tools such as Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Coded UI, Selenium, Quick Test Professional (QTP), and/or LoadRunner.
- Experience with testing for accessibility in accordance with Section 508 standards (Usability and Compliance).
- Experience creating standard operating procedures and metrics based on best practices for a QA team.
- Experience multi-tasking, prioritizing in accord with contract and project goals.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize workload.
- Experience managing and directing system test activities, creating test cases, test scenarios, requirement traceability matrix.
- Support test planning and requirements traceability, defect tracking, documentation, communication, test plans, and test cases.
- Design, write, and develop test cases that are scalable, repeatable, and measurable.
- Execute test cases: perform 'positive' and 'negative' testing as well as verify functionality.
- Execute black box, functional, integration, and regression testing on new and existing functionality.
- Review product documentation and write test cases
- Generate test data for functional and integration testing.
- Ensure configuration and release management of testing data, documentation, and environments.
- Develop and execute testing tasks and plans that meet time lines and release requirements.
- Create and adhere to testing schedule and communicate testing progress.
- Participate in requirement, test case, and test plan peer reviews.
- Work with clients to document requirements and produce test-related artifacts.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, and process audits.
- Ensure Process and Procedure documentation is maintained.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Candidates must be clearable or have current Public Trust clearance.
- Ability to obtain clearance includes application completion, verifiable information regarding your citizenship, residence, education, employment history, family, associates, and foreign connections/travel as well as questions regarding criminal records, illegal drug involvement, financial delinquencies, certain types of mental health treatment, alcohol-related incidents and counseling, military service, prior clearances and investigations, civil court actions, misuse of computer systems, and subversive activities.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.