No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies” Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Project work may include joint use make ready, and street light projects. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems. Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices. Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC). Work assignments may include travelling by motor vehicle to various project locations located throughout the area to conduct field investigations.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 2+ years: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering
• Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and client construction standards
• Experience using CAD tools
• Experience with software such as: PoleForeman, Bentley OpenUtilities Designer, GE Smallworld, Maximo or similar products
• Experience with projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects
• Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments
• Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
• Must be able to swing a 3 lb. hammer to stake poles
• Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on unpaved surfaces
• Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
(Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates)
• Professional Engineer
• Experience with designing secondary networks
• Successful project management experience (initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control, closeout)
• Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work with limited supervision and providing leadership to other team members
• Ability to work effectively in teams.
• Professional dress and demeanor
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Distribution Design Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.