Leidos currently has an exciting career opportunity for Agile DevOps Test Engineer in the D.C. area. If you are a qualified Test Engineer and are interested in challenging new environment with opportunity for growth, we would like to meet with you.
Leidos is looking for Agile DevOps Test Engineer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile testing experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems in support of DHS Citizenship and Immigration Services. The Leidos team will be part of an exciting ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team-based DevOps approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
In this hands on position, you will be responsible for:
- Testing all aspects of the system including Java and web-based front end running on Windows clients, Linux servers, and Oracle/Postgres database, to ensure all components work on a variety of hardware ranging from simple workstations to high-end servers.
- The tester must quickly become expert on system functionality and that of various peripheral devices as well as the requirements that drove system design.
- He/she must develop understanding of user workflow to create, document, and execute test plans.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required to create test scenarios and/or scripts; document test results; and communicate issues to the development team while also identifying possible solutions and/or workarounds for problems.
- We need an individual who will take responsibility, work hard, learn, and become a key contributor to the success of the program by ensuring a bullet-proof system is delivered to the field. Tester may be assigned to support one or more ongoing Agile Scrum teams.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Python, Selenium, TestNG, Java) for automation or test script development.
- Designed and tested Cloud/SaaS Applications using modern cloud technologies.
- Backend and frontend (UI) automation tool experience
- Experience in testing REST based web services
- Experience in design and development of test automation framework for services, API and UI tests
- Experience working in Agile teams and in CI/CD environment
- Experience in creating technical documentation and maintain Automation Test artifacts (Test program, Test Data, Test Stubs/Harnesses, configurations)
- Experience in Performance and scale testing, performance measurement
- Experience with both blackbox and whitebox testing approaches
- Experience in relational databases at conceptual level; able to debugging product issues from the database
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Preferred experience in using WebInspect for Dynamic Security testing.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.