Leidos is seeking a Senior Web Designer/Human Factors Specialist who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development and improvement of user interface designs in support of the development and delivery of Air Traffic Management Systems for the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA). This position plays an important role in working with Systems Engineers to develop system requirements and solutions for the customer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping various contracts in support of the customer’s mission.
Senior Web Designer/Human Factors Specialist responsibilities:
Drawing on previous human factors experience, develop web user interface design concepts based on customer specifications and guidance. The primary duties include:
• Analyze user’s change requests or enhancement requests, concept of operations documents, and use cases to develop and mature user interface concepts.
• Transform customer inputs and feedback into concept visualizations through Corel Draw, and Linux-based wire-framing and rapid prototyping tools.
• Support the software development of prototypes to facilitate interactive demonstrations of the concepts for the User.
• Guide systems engineers in formulating requirements and providing alternative approaches and conducting feasibility studies.
• Develop user interface diagrams to illustrate and document the concepts and their changes.
• Incorporate new plans, designs, and systems, into ongoing operations.
• Act as a liaison between the User and the Systems Engineering team, providing support to make decisions on technical considerations and associated problems, issues or conflicts.
• Assume responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Human Factors area of responsibility
• Requires Bachelors of Science and a minimum of 8+ years of prior relevant experience: a Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience will also be considered.
• Experience with the analysis and design of human-computer interface, including both the testing and evaluation, as well as user-centered design processes and systems engineering
• Human Factor engineering and usability experience using: Mockup/Wireframes, Web Designer, Web Graphic Design, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills (HTML5, CSS, Java Script, etc.)
• Experience with prototyping and multimedia content development
• Solid understanding of browser capabilities and compatibilities
• Degree in Human Factors engineering, human factors psychology, cognitive psychology or related discipline with a focus on human-computer interaction and usability preferred but will consider a
• BCPE board certified (CPE or CHFP) preferred but will consider non-certified candidates and candidates with alternate certification (e.g. CHFEP).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Human Factors Design Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.