Leidos Corporate Office of Technology has an immediate opening for Solution Architect to join our Digital Modernization & Cyber Accelerator team.
In this role, you will help customers solve demanding challenges via technology, modernization, and transformation processes with proven methods and solutions. As part of a creative, forward-thinking team, you will help shape solutions to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. As a Solution Architect, you will work hand-in-hand with business development, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered on programs, in proposals, or on research and development projects. In addition to developing solutions, you will help prospective customers and partners understand the value and benefits of the Leidos solution, explain technical features and transformation strategies, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential problems.
• In coordination with program teams and Office of Technology (OOT) leadership, identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
• Establish Leidos best practices, lessons learned, and technological approaches related to digital modernization and transformation technologies including AIOps, Cloud Transformation, Software Defined Infrastructure, User Centric IT, Zero Trust Networking, Cybersecurity Automation, and SecDevOps.
• Strengthen existing programs and with application of technology and/or innovation by working with peer Operations teams, Group CTOs, and other Leidos Groups and by leveraging known technology and solutions on current programs and new business pursuits.
• Collaborate with the technical talent and solution architects in the organization to meet the current and future (new market) business challenges.
• Partner with the Business Development team in supporting the shaping and development of technical solutions, basis of estimates, and industry relationships via responses to RFPs, new business reviews, white papers, customer shaping calls, and Leidos’ corporate Win Plan process for larger franchise opportunities and to understand and participate in the development of new business strategy assessing current and future skills and technology needs.
• BS degree and 12 - 15 years, or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience in Information Systems, Cyber Security, or other STEM disciplines related to IT and/or systems engineering.
• Strong technical breadth and depth in support of the government markets and in particular in government IT design, implementation, operations, and modernization.
• Experienced professional in contract performance with demonstrated technical leadership and customer relationship building
• Capable of generating on-contract-growth through insertion of innovation and technology on existing programs.
• Industry awareness with leading technology providers to enhance and close gaps in solution offerings, yielding competitive technical solutions.
• Experience as a solution architect and/or technical section lead on captures and proposals
• Understands competitor/teammate technology offerings
• Must be able to collaborate across the corporation and with other technical SMEs, leveraging contacts to obtain key technical resources to continue technology exchange and enhancements.
• Ability to author, present, and articulate problem sets and associated solution elements in settings supporting customers, business development, program delivery, technical teams, and executives.
• US citizenship is required and ability to obtain security clearance
• Active security clearance
• Security Certifications (CISSP a plus)
• Network Certifications (CCIE a plus)
• Other relevant certifications (PMP, ITIL, Cloud, Microsoft, Cisco)
• Experience having worked successful partnerships with suppliers on proposals.
• Has been the lead SA on a $100M+ proposal
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.