The Biobehavioral Research Division within the Military and Veterans Health Services Operation at Leidos has a need for a Software Developer
The individual selected for this position will work in support of the Division Head for Epidemiology in the Department of Medical Modeling, Simulation, and Mission Support at the Naval Health Research Center, and in collaboration with another computer programmer, and scientific researchers, this person will be a SQL Server and .NET Development position progressive, varied experience in SDLC (software development life cycle) for database applications in a diversified area such as Azure, AWS, front or backend software developer. This will include conducting software design engineering, providing statistical analyses, maintaining SQL database, implementing and designing new information technology that handles big data, not limited to AI or ML.
- Serve as a SQL database administrator and software design engineer.
- Maintain database, ensure database integrity includes database backup and recovery.
- Develop and design tools set that support internal data processing for quality control or forecast.
- Collaborate with departmental statisticians on projects that utilize advanced computer science methods and machine learning.
- Review internal and external big databases.
- Assist in researching, preparing, and submitting information technology and development proposals for DHA compliance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Databases: SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, DTS Package, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Profiler.
- Tools: Visual Studio 2015, 2019, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, UML, Visio, VSS, SSRS, Crystal Reports, ODBC, SharePoint, SSH, or PowerShell.
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012-2019, Linux, Android or IOS.
- Protocols: TCP/IP, IPC, SIP, SSL.
- Manage multiple databases at once.
- Analyze data to draw logical conclusions and policy recommendations regarding cybersecurity.
- Prepare and write reports concerning database integrity analysis.
- Communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the department head, director, scientific researchers, staff, and external collaborators.
- Reprioritize IT projects as necessary.
- BS in computer science strongly preferred. Microsoft Certified Database Developer in a related field will also be considered.
- At least 4 years of SQL experience is required. Must be able to work in a team environment and manage projects from conceptualization through completion.
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain a secret clearance.
Previous experience with military health issues is desirable. Previous favorable background check or clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.