Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a System Configuration Management Engineer to support our United States Strategic Command Systems Engineering & Integration (USSTRATCOM SE&I) customer. Our customer serves as principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, cyber resilience, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise (NEC) within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the entire nuclear C3 Enterprise.
Location: Work performed at Ft Meade, MD (DISA Headquarters).
***LOCAL Teleworking authorized during COVID-19 customer building restrictions***.
Clearance: Active Final Top Secret required/SCI preferred. Those holding TS/SCI will be given first consideration.
In this role you will:
• Identify the systems and their evolutionary schedules that comprise National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) and define the Configuration Items (CIs) at the NLCC functional level.
• Develop recommendations for the overall implementation strategy, management and execution processes and configuration management tools.
• Implement CM process to collect and manage configuration changes of NLCC configuration items and raise issues through the NLCC Executive Management Board (EMB) structure as required.
• Develop and/or mature the NLCC CM Plan, Process, and Execution as well as maintain the NLCC Baseline Configuration Items, and NLCC Information Repository/Enterprise Model.
• Technical Engineering Degree; Master of Science or higher preferred with 10-12 years of experience. Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of work experience may be considered in lieu of Master's Degree.
• 10-12 years of experience with supporting complex, large DoD communications “system-of-systems” configuration management portfolios.
• Demonstrated experience applying CM principles to analyze CM requirements and develop CM processes within a “system-of-systems” infrastructure context under modern architecture development, collaborative/capability services, and incremental acquisition development constructs.
• Familiarity with CM aspects of the Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition processes for systems, software, and hardware under the DOD Architecture Foundation (DODAF).
• Experience and/or familiarity with configuration management standards.
• Understand CM / SE process for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.