- Work with the multidisciplinary design teams throughout the development and new product introduction cycle from concept, design, and development to prototype, test verification, and documentation to production.
- Responsible for architecture and development of the hardware, low level controls (C, C++, Linux, Bare Metal) and signal processing for RF/HW circuits. Typical modules may include MMIC’s, Microcontrollers, Processors Modules, DSP’s and FPGA’s.
- Assist and participate in design of digital and mixed signal board development.
- Maintain and augment existing designs.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate documentation in accordance with the Quality Management System of the company.
- Participate in Design Engineering project status meetings, prepare written reports, analysis, and design review material in accordance with established development processes and procedures.
- BSEE/BSCE and 8+ years of successful design work; OR MSEE/MSCE and 6+ years successful design work
- Experience developing controls for PCB components and subsystems. Experience interfacing with MMIC’s and RF Devices with FPGA’s, CPLD’s and other digital devices.
- Experienced in Embedded development, C, C++ on bare metal as well as Linux drivers development for the custom hardware
- Knowledge of Scripting languages like Perl and Python is required.
- Working knowledge creating controls during prototyping by using combination of evaluation and custom boards.
- Experience with communication protocols I2C, SPI, Ethernet, USB, PCIe.
- Hands-on experience using measurement equipment such as, signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers is a plus.
- Application of good writing skills in the preparation of appropriate specifications, engineering analyses reports, and technical documents using MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/Project/Visio, etc.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal design teams and external contract manufacturers.
- Ability to work independently in an engineering results oriented development environment.
- Good engineering analysis, problem solving, judgment, analytical capability, and follow-up.
- Ability to define and manage tradeoffs between cost, performance and other design parameters.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team other departments.
- Knowledge and experience in signal processing development for DSP TI or similar is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with VHDL/Verilog design targeting Xilinx platforms. High-speed digital design using multiple clock domains
- Familiarity working with Standard Commercial Documentation and Standards
- Some knowledge and experience using Schematic capture, circuit analysis, circuit simulation tools
Our Tewksbury office is a dynamic and collaborative environment, only a short commute away from Boston and Nashua. While the incumbent must be local (or willing to relocate) in order to report onsite on a regular basis, we do offer flexible work arrangements. We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.