The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Network/Systems Engineer to support the SubLAN/Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) program located Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWCDIVNPT), Division Newport, Newport Rhode Island.
The successful candidate will be part of the team which supports the CANES family of computer network systems aboard submarines. NUWCDIVNPT, Code 25, is the Submarine CANES Central Design Authority (CDA) and the SubLAN program Technical Development Authority (TDA), providing technical, engineering, and administrative services for the CANES and SubLAN system activities and associated programs. Candidate will be required to travel to shipyards and submarine bases for installation services.
Engineering and technical services shall include:
- Systems engineering
- In lab subsystem integration testing
- In lab system certification and regression test
- Verification and validation (V&V)
- Onboard software installation, in-service engineering support
- In lab software and hardware configuration management and system administration. Candidate will be required to travel to shipyards and submarine bases for installation services.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 or more years of related experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Routing and switching experience
- Experience trouble shooting networks
- Experience with servers
- Software testing experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Prior experience performing Preventative Maintenance (PMS) onboard submarine network systems.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.