Leidos, a Fortune 500 global IT, technology and engineering company, has an opening for a Government Affairs Associate to provide research and other strategic support to the Government Affairs Team.
The Government Affairs Associate spends 60-70% of his/her time supporting the Senior Vice President and Government Affairs Team in their lobbying and government relations efforts. Approximately 30-40% of time is spent providing administrative support and reception.
After demonstrated success executing core duties, responsibilities could expand to issue management and lobbying.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct company, policy, funding and other research, using internal and external resources; prepare presentations and briefings, and provide critical data to the Government Affairs Team, in support of lobbying activities including meetings with Members/staff on the Hill, as well as the Leidos Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team (ELT); analyze and document Leidos’ footprint in congressional districts
- Track the President’s Budget Request, appropriations bills, and certain authorization bills, and provide in-depth political and policy analysis
- Prepare/maintain Excel spreadsheets, tables/charts/graphs, talking points, memos, customer and market analyses
- Schedule and prepare for meetings
- Maintain Government Affairs electronic files and databases
- Perform reception duties, handle various facilities-related tasks, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, government, communications, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably on Capitol Hill, or in public policy, national security, or government affairs
- Strong oral and written communication skills; advanced skills in all Microsoft Office suite applications, especially PowerPoint to develop effective and creative presentations
- Strong comprehension of the federal legislative and executive branches of government
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills; ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible team player with the ability to effectively prioritize concurrent projects, execute tasks and meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Keen attention to detail and the delivery of high quality products in a timely manner is essential
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Regulatory Affairs
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.