This position provides Software development support to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with driving implementation and adoption of new tools, research, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies while developing, testing, documenting, and delivering systems software to meet client needs in compliance with functional, security, and privacy requirements.
- Identify and offer solutions to gaps in capabilities and visibility
- Troubleshoots coding / configuration / installation issues of basic to medium complexity.
- Supports the development of detailed specifications and engage in application design and data modeling discussions.
- Participate in developing and enforcing data security policies.
- Participate in capacity monitoring and planning. Build, maintain and execute unit test cases with high code coverage.
- Responsible for sound and high quality technical deliverables.
- Analyze and estimate timelines for sprints and releases.
- Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
- Develop and fix issues with highest quality.
- Work closely with team members to create test plans, and ensure the issues are properly identified, fixed and tested.
- Develop all code incorporating the best practices.
- Craft and extend a variety of application programming interfaces for analytic platforms serving cybersecurity operations.
- Create, implement, update, and sustain several cyber analysis user interface tools with a heavy reliance on a variety of API mechanisms for current DoD clients. Working collaboratively with a small development operations (DevOps) based project team.
- Responsible for several interfaces across a variety of cybersecurity operational capabilities with a focus on data-driven analytics, situational awareness, and agent-based actions. Proactively learn product frameworks and code base.
- Hands on working with ElasticSearch backend, including querying and aggregation for building simple and complex summaries of data.
- Working with SCALA and JAVA created user interfaces as part of a larger big data analytics type framework supporting cybersecurity operations.
- Design and implement new API features and functionality, as well as updating current API capabilities based on mission need.
- Building RESTful API for web single page application/s.
- Analyze requirements from clients to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Engineer requirements from clients into new features and functionality.
- Designing and writing new software or existing software to add new features.
- Debugging existing software and correcting defects.
- Write and review software system documentation and integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Test and maintain code base and adjust to varying development schedules as dictated by project needs.
- 4+ years of professional experience designing and developing new features or functionality for web-based applications
- 3+ years of API development experience.
- Proven experience working across multiple tiers of an application, including backend data store (database, Elasticsearch), network, operating system, and virtual environments. Proficiency with Scala and Java is a must.
- Experience with Spring and Play Frameworks.
- Understanding of NoSQL databases and JSON. Experience with application servers (Jetty, etc.).
- Experience with Python.
- Excellent object-oriented design and programming skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- DoD 8570 IAT I certifications required prior to starting and computing environment certifications
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must possess an active DoD Secret clearance and be eligible for an interim TS OR have an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.