Leidos has an opening for an Automation Engineer to support a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding program within the Northern Virginia area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. The Automation Engineer will work on a small and growing team supporting a data-intensive organization through the development of apps, tools, and packages designed to automate ETL, business practices, and intelligence products. The Automation Engineer will enable the use of data from an enormous variety of sources through database queries and REST API calls. In addition to tool development, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop machine learning and artificial intelligence skills through close coordination with data scientists throughout the program.
The Automation Engineer will be highly customer-focused and must be comfortable developing innovated solutions in an often resource-constrained classified development environment. The ideal candidate will be skilled, flexible, and passionate about developing technical solutions which will directly impact US national security. We are looking for the ability to rapidly prototype and test solutions with production-level quality. Collaboration and team-building skills are also critical for success.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of software development or data science experience
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Experienced Python developer with direct experience developing Flask apps and Python packages
- Experience working within an AGILE production environment and the use of git and JIRA for collaboration
- Comfortable working with Windows and/or UNIX command line. Must have ability to automate basic operating system processes
- Experienced with heavy use of Excel or CSV inputs/outputs with Python
- Experience interacting with SQL databases using SQLAlchemy or another Object Relational Mapper. Strong SQL skills for querying data
- Experience working with JSON and XML data structures for app development and ETL
- Experience submitting calls to a variety of REST APIs, often in the same app
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Ability to develop interactive front end applications using React or Angular.
- Server-side experience using NodeJS
- Adept at database design
- Experience developing applications in an AWS cloud environment
- Experience with the Anaconda environment and the SciPy stack
- Experience with Machine Learning and statistics using SciKit-Learn and/or Tensorflow
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.