Leidos seeks a mid to senior level Data Scientist who specializes in Machine Learning to support a project of key strategic importance to our customer’s department. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to first build and deploy an automated version of an existing methodology, while simultaneously working towards a more robust solution that will offer a supervised machine learning approach to recommend new entities of interest.
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience to be considered
- Collaborate with data scientists and targeters to automate their current manual approach as a short term solution
- Supervise and assist with collecting and labeling a training set
- Devise a machine learning approach to generate recommendations based on the training data that are of comparable accuracy to the manual process, and be prepared to make future alterations or retrain for different geographic regions
- Demonstrated experience with at least one programming language such as Python or R
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning packages such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and keras
- Demonstrated experience with general data science packages such as Panda, NumPy, and SciPy
- Demonstrated experience with relational database technologies and SQL, and querying through APIs for retrieving data
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.