Leidos is seeking a Program Manager who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology, which is at the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the National Airspace System (NAS). The program is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast providing benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow and improving automated navigation and conflict detection.
• Oversee assigned parts of the program scope to ensure contract conformance within program schedule, cost, quality, and profit objectives.
• Support Program Managers, including performing program-wide horizontal integration planning, identification, and management of internal and external dependencies.
• Ensure the program implementation of the ERAM Program Management Plan, including leading the program team in internal and external audits.
• Review and approve final documents and deliverables for completeness and conformity to requirements.
• Prepare materials/briefings for and participate in customer monthly program reviews, cost reviews, risk review, and other customer meetings and briefings.
• Oversee cost, schedule, quality, and customer interface for multiple ERAM task orders and key strategic program initiatives.
• Support and/or develop cost proposal to the FAA, as required.
• Requires BA/BS degree in relevant field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience, with at least 4+ years of management/project experience, or MA/MS in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
• Experience leading Systems Engineering, Software, and/or Test teams.
• Ability to operate and manage effectively with minimal guidance. The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the effective management and oversight of team members in various locations.
• Possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook, strong leadership, teamwork, and customer relations skills, exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills, the ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation, and demonstrated program management skills.
• Experience related to project/program management with strong business acumen
• Strong understanding of program and business operations with the FAA and will be responsible for achievement of mission critical milestones and contract performance on an ongoing basis. The successful candidate must be able to anticipate customer needs and formulate and propose solutions.
• Represent the program in customer and internal reviews and meetings. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as required by the program. Travel may be required to/from Washington, DC and Atlantic City, NJ.
• Prefer 3+ years of experience related to the management or supervision of the design, development, test, or acquisition of Air Traffic Control/Management systems with an average value of $100M or greater.
• Prefer previous Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program experience.
• Preferred location is Gaithersburg/DC area, although Atlantic City, NJ or Eagan, MN will be considered.
• Some teleworking may be possible, however, in-person presence will be required for key customer and team meetings.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.