The Network Administrator Lead provides overall support to the United States Military Entrance Processing Command (USMEPCOM) in Chicago. USMEPCOM is a Major Command of the United States (U.S.) Department of Defense (DoD), which screens and processes applicants into the U.S. Armed Forces. USMEPCOM is the vital link between recruiting and training armed forces and operates 65 Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS) located throughout the U.S.
*this position in contingent upon program contract being awarded to Leidos
- Responsible for network administration operations, maintenance, and associated activities of platforms installed throughout the USMEPCOM enterprise
- Provide services to tasks involving engineering development, integration, interface design analysis, integration of infrastructure, and testing of software and hardware
- Perform system-level configuration of products including validating the integration of hardware, software, operating systems, and other platform specifications while maintaining interoperability with existing legacy systems
- Be responsible for technical planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the team for all O&M of USMEPCOM constructed networks
- Travel within CONUS may be required
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must currently posses minimum of Tier 3 or "NACLC" clearance
- Must posses at least 1 of the following Certifications:
CISSP (or Associate)
- Possess an ITIL v3 Practitioner Level Certification or ITIL v4 Foundation Certification equivalent.
- A minimum of five years of experience leading teams of network operations staff
- Possess a current Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or CCDE certification.
- A minimum of one year of experience with DISA’s Joint Regional Security Stack.
- A minimum of six years of experience supporting global network systems and subsystems; troubleshooting a wide range of LAN, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), WAN, and network/service availability; and recommending system fixes and enhancements.
- A minimum of three years of experience with IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks.
- A minimum of three years planning and executing local and long-haul communications.
- A minimum of three years of experience supporting and troubleshooting firewall appliances and rulesets and working with firewall solutions
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]dos.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.