The Program Manager provides overall support to the United States Military Entrance Processing Command (USMEPCOM) in Chicago. USMEPCOM is a Major Command of the United States (U.S.) Department of Defense (DoD), which screens and processes applicants into the U.S. Armed Forces. USMEPCOM is the vital link between recruiting and training armed forces and operates 65 Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS) located throughout the U.S.
*this position is contingent upon program contract being awarded to Leidos
- Provide management, direction, decision making, administration, quality assurance and leadership for the team
- Prepare daily/monthly status meetings as required
- Prepare and update a Project Management Plan (PMP), including Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), SOPs, etc.
- Provide a summary of all project milestones and their anticipated completion dates; data on cumulative funding and expenditure rates and status
- Provide assessment of current month and future month activities and a discussion of any issues or recommendations related to contract performance or administration
- Create and maintain information technology project plans that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status, and resource allocation
- P&L Responsibility
- Travel within CONUS may be required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience managing complex programs
- An active Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional or PMI Program Management Professional (PgMP®) Certification,
- DAWIA Level III Program Management (PM),
- FAC Level III Program and Project Manager (P/PM) or FAC Level III Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR)
- Must currently posses minimum of Tier 3 or "NACLC" clearance
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a military environment performing in a related subject area (e.g., engineering or computer science)
- Possess an ITIL v3 Intermediate Level Certification or ITIL v4 Managing Professional Certification equivalent
- Active Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III certification:
- CISSP (or Associate)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.