Leidos is searching for an experienced Proposal /Capture Analyst in support of the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program. DHMSM is a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe.
The incumbent will serve the DHMSM Program in all aspects of proposal development—ensuring security and integrity of all proposal documentation, coordinating internal flow and review of all proposal inputs, and directing production of final master proposal. Selected candidate will directly support the assigned Proposal Managers from RFP release through contract award, managing coordination, including monitoring the budget, and working closely with Capture Managers, and the full range of company staff in assisting in the development and submission of proposals.
- Manage the proposal process from RFP release to client delivery. This includes “owning” the document, communicating proposal needs and expectations to team, setting and maintaining internal draft deadlines, writing, editing, and proofreading complex proposals, government forms, and quality control document checks to meet all client requirements.
- Responsible for proposal production through preparation, editing, and final delivery of a coherent, complete, compliant, consistent, correct proposal, and assist in coordinating all proposal sections (Past Performance, Technical Management, Pricing) and complete all required Government forms
- Prepare and execute detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and other response documentation.
- Drive effective proposal coordination by tracking the pipeline and proposal developments, ensuring strategic communication with all involved (including partners), and collaborate with inputs for proposals.
- Support Proposal Manager in coordinating proposal kick-off meetings, Color Team Reviews (Pink, Red, Gold), and interfaces with multiple departments (e.g. Operations, Contracts, HR, Legal, Communications, Finance, ES&H, and Security, etc.)
- Develop targeted questions, consult with technical and program management staff to extract information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions. Work with technical staff to develop strategic win themes to carry over from statement of qualifications, proposals, and interview presentations.
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the proposal timeline. Edit proposal materials to ensure compliance with all RFP terms and conditions, as needed, provide detailed guidance to proposal contributors and partners or subcontractors
- Manage the production, compliance, and delivery of the final proposal (adhere to all formatting directives, production and publication guidelines)
- Monitor all RFP documents, modifications, requirements, and proposal deliverables and communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management
- Collaborate with the business development team to identify opportunities, catalogue opportunities and efforts throughout the five capture phases, and maintain ongoing databases of business development efforts. Develop customer profiles, including customer needs, issues, opportunities, biases, etc.
- Aid in development of technical and management white papers and Requests for Information (RFI)
- Under guidance, create and update pursuit SharePoint sites, to include the reference libraries and other resource materials, ensuring all elements of these sites elements are accurate, up-to-date and accessible by the proposal team and other BD Leadership personnel.
- Utilize attention to detail to ensure that all deliverables are delivered on time and with high quality, including no grammar errors, typos, run-on sentences, etc.
- The successful candidate must have at least 5 years of experience reviewing federal opportunities and familiarity with federal government procurement process. Minimum 1 year of full lifecycle proposal development experience (RFI, RFP, RFQ, Task Orders & Delivery Orders), with recent experience authoring proposal sections.
- Well-rounded government and business experience to include at least five (5) years work experience in the DOD/Federal market in a proposal-writing environment.
- Experience in both task order proposal and large, complex proposals
- A detailed understanding of the Federal marketplace, including potential customers, partners and competitors, as well as experience with government-wide and procurement vehicles.
- Proven ability to engage customers at all levels in order to fully understand customer needs, share corporate capabilities and articulate a variety of technical topics and service offerings.
- Experience using a ‘modified Shipley' model in coordinating all proposal sections (Past Performance, Technical Management, Pricing) and complete all required Government forms
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation skills, with an exemplary work ethic, judgment and independent initiative attuned to meeting deadlines.
- Due to the nature of the program, experience with the proficiency in the appropriate treatment of sensitive and company proprietary information.
- Expertise with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), SharePoint and PDF programs
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS/BA with 10- 12 years of relevant experience in Proposal Coordination and/or Business Development, Capture Management Support
- Masters with 6-8 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Contract requirement
- Prior experience with Deltek GovWin, EVMS
- Must have demonstrated experience with generating proposal materials (outlines, briefings, schedules, compliance, etc.) and leading large-scale proposal effort
- Direct work experience (Chargeable) supporting a DOD / Federal program
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.