Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Programmer Analyst who will support the Deployment Health Research Program at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will assist with programming tasks essential for the operation of several ongoing research studies examining the health and well-being in military personnel and their families. The Programmer Analyst will interact not only with other team members but also with Principal Investigators, epidemiologists, physicians, and project support staff. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has the ability to plan and prioritize work and work independently.
- Designs, programs, and tests database-driven applications to facilitate study operations
- Assists team with database administration responsibilities
- Provides assistance and training to system users
- Writes unit tests to assist in quality assurance goals
- Oversee the tracking of departmental IT equipment, including laptops and Mobikeys
- Manage the departmental data management system, including folder permissions and data queries in SQL servers.
- BS degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum one year of programming work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of .NET application development
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational database management systems
- Experience with software revision control
- Ability to write clear, concise copy
- Ability to effectively communicate with investigators, vendors, research staff, and study participants.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Visual Basic .NET
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Understanding of usability and UX principles
- Experience with writing unit tests and quality assurance procedures
Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. We will assist any selected applicant in the process to obtain a secret clearance if they do not already have one. After package submission, it typically takes approximately four to six weeks for employees to be eligible to begin working.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.