The Systems Administrator Lead provides overall support to the United States Military Entrance Processing Command (USMEPCOM) in Chicago. USMEPCOM is a Major Command of the United States (U.S.) Department of Defense (DoD), which screens and processes applicants into the U.S. Armed Forces. USMEPCOM is the vital link between recruiting and training armed forces and operates 65 Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS) located throughout the U.S.
*position is contingent on contract being awarded to Leidos
- Be responsible for systems administration, operations maintenance, and associated activities of platforms installed throughout the USMEPCOM enterprise
- Ensure that the operation of the enterprise meets defined service levels and serves as the service owner for service solutions
- Apply security principles, practices, and procedures under the RMF to maintain compliance with applicable security regulations
- Travel within CONUS may be required
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- It is required that the Systems Administrator Lead must possess at least one of the following certifications as required in DoD 8570 Baseline IAT-II level
- CCNA Security
- CySA+ **
- Security+ CE
- Must currently posses minimum of Tier 3 or "NACLC" clearance
- Minimum of five years of experience managing enterprise IT teams in geographically separated locations supporting O&M of servers (e.g., physical and virtual), operating systems (e.g., Windows and UNIX/LINUX), databases (e.g., Microsoft and SQL), collaboration tools (e.g., SharePoint), VMWare, ESXi, software applications, scripting, SANs, and computer security in an enterprise
- Possess a current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification.
- A minimum of five years of experience with cloud-based solutions.
- A minimum of five years of experience developing and administering applications in an enterprise environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.