Leidos is seeking a Government Affairs Director to join our team in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining close working relationships with Members of Congress, staff, and committees. The Director supports a range of issues in the government services and solutions sector but focuses primarily on the defense and intelligence portfolios. The position is responsible for developing and executing congressional strategies and plans that support Leidos business goals and strategic objectives. The position reports to the Vice President of Congressional Affairs.
- Build strong, effective, credible, and trusted relationships with key Congressional Members and staff, industry coalitions, and allied organizations
- Support a range of issues in the government services and solutions sector with an emphasis in defense and intelligence solutions for U.S. federal agencies
- Work collaboratively with Leidos lines of business to develop and execute a congressional plan that supports and achieves priority business goals and strategic objectives
- Participate as requested in strategy reviews and other business rhythms
- Interface with senior Leidos executives and leaders; develop and maintain internal partnerships; and provide proactive legislative insight and support
- Monitor annual appropriations and authorization legislation, attend hearings, and participate in activities that impact Leidos’ programs and policies. Draft position papers, legislative summaries, and correspondence
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related field
- 12-15 years of relevant experience including 4+ years of related legislative and/or lobbying experience, or 10-13 years of prior relevant experience with a Master’s degree
- Experience in defense and intelligence issues in the U.S. federal agencies including the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, and the State Department
- Understanding of legislative processes, especially the federal budget and appropriations processes
- Strong social and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships with elected officials, trade associations and think tanks, and industry partners
- Strong written and oral communication, research, and leadership skills
- Highly proactive, entrepreneurial, and able to develop successful solutions
- Organized, self-motivated, and accountable; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels, and to engage comfortably with senior executives
- MS Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Regulatory Affairs
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.