The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking a highly-experienced Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) Engineer with experience automating the CI/CD pipeline coupled with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support the Traveler Processing & Vetting Software (TPVS) program. The TPVS program provides operations and maintenance, modernization, and enhancement services for critical systems supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work closely with the enterprise architecture team and portfolio teams to maximize the automation of the CI/CD pipeline, identify new technologies to enhance the pipeline, train teams on utilization of the CI/CD pipeline, and collaborate with the agile teams to maintain the pipeline.
- Work with enterprise architects and the individual portfolios to integrate existing CI/CD tools to maximize automation of the CI/CD pipeline and creating a consistent approach across the program.
- Support full automation of CI/Testing
- Coordinate with enterprise architects and portfolios to identify new technologies to improve pipeline performance and develop business case.
- Lead responses to resolve incidents associated with the CI/CD pipeline.
- Coordinate with government as needed to integrate elements of the CI/CD pipeline (e.g., automated regression testing) developed outside the program into the TPVS CI/CD pipeline.
- Conduct training as needed to educate agile teams on the tools associated with and use of the CI/CD pipeline as changes are made.
- Develop policies, standards, guidelines, and governance for both CI/CD operations and developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other closely related field with a minimum of 8-years of relevant experience or 6-10 year of relevant experience with Master’s degree.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen with either a CBP BI public trust clearance or DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Proven experience integrating CI/CD tools to establish an automated CI/CD pipeline coupled with experience training both government and contractor personnel on the benefits of and proper use of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working with RedHat Openshift
- Knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures
- Experience as a Software Engineer working in an agile software development environment (i.e., user stories, continuous integration, shared services, test driven development, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with at least one of the following configuration management/scripting technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Strong experience and or familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, Junit, Jmeter, and Cucumber
- Proven experience in the use of test automation in Agile-based CI environments
- Experience working with developers to resolve operational issues with the CI/CD Pipeline.
- Experience with CBP PSPD
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile framework and agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Master
- Experience working within the AWS public cloud environment.
- Experience with static code analysis for software or infrastructure code including SonarQube, Fortify, and Terrascan
- Experience with vulnerability scanners including Tenable Nessus, Fortify, OWASP, and Aqua
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.