The Mission Solutions Group at Leidos has a government contract with a classified customer in the National Capital Region that requires a Plastics & Additive Manufacturing Expert. The candidate must have experience with Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), injection molding and autoclave processing.
- Lead the Additive Manufacturing contract team in all aspects of the business.
- Lead work with additive manufacturing and plastics manufacturing tools and equipment such as Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), injection molding, autoclaves, mold making tools and surface finishing capabilities.
- Assess skills, train and mentor customer staff in the proper use of Additive Manufacturing (AM) and Rapid Prototyping (RP) equipment. Provide written analysis of customer staff skills to ensure all officers can safely operate equipment.
- Effectively aid officers in project design and the troubleshooting of equipment and processes pertaining to 3D Printing, injection molding, sculpting, mold making and surface finishing.
- Maintain and document all equipment use processes and ensure all staff know where to find the documentation.
- Develop white papers as necessary to recommend new Plastics and Additive Manufacturing capabilities.
- Communicate with vendors regarding new capabilities and regarding maintenance requirements for existing machines.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of additive manufacturing and plastics manufacturing equipment and practices such as 3D Printing, injection molding, sculpting, mold making and surface finishing.
- Attain and maintain customer-specified certification with the safe handling, application, processing and disposal of Hazardous Materials.
- Process the receipt and disposal of HAZMAT and HAZWASTE according to EPA regulations.
- Develop and maintain an inventory management system.
- Demonstrate experience with the management of 1000+ shop supplies in a semi-automated fashion.
- Coordinate and communicate with all local and field personnel requiring shop support.
- Research equipment anomalies and recommend solutions.
- Provide feedback to customer staff regarding the viability of proposed future shop plans.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu/combined with education
- 3 years of experience with additive manufacturing disciplines.
- 3 years of experience with injection molding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience with Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) equipment operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience with Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) equipment operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience with autoclave equipment operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams, including strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Possess TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance
- 3 years of experience with 3D printing.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.