The Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Technical Lead / Project Manager (TL/PM) in Bethesda, MD.
The TL/PM ensures compliance with NIH policies and mandated actions, such as EPLC, security policies, ADA Section 508, and others.
The TL/PM will be responsible for successful service delivery and contract execution, leading a diverse team comprised of software developers, business analysts, testers, architects, configuration management, and others. The team will employ agile methodologies, including Scrum, test-driven development. The TL/PM will be responsible for compliance with HHS policies and mandated actions, such as EPLC, security policies, ADA Section 508, and others.
– Provide management, technical leadership and organize the activities and personnel associated with complex software development project using agile methodology
– Provide system design, software development and technical guidance to the team
– Conduct design reviews and code reviews of tasks performed by other developers in the team
– Supervise the quality of designs and implementations of the modules and provide recommendations
– Create, manage, and control project schedules and an Integrated Master Schedule to oversee software integration and development efforts
– Support the development of technical roadmaps
– Serve a problem-solver, leading thought leadership discussions and planning while driving innovation into current and future work.
– Develop white papers on the latest technology, research and software development process, methods and techniques
– Support business development activities, as needed
– Work with the customer to reprioritize activities to refocus work efforts and support activities to address new or changing business needs
– Provide overall Project Management (PM) support using customer’s internal processes consistent with principles outlined in the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMBOK® Guide
– Foster and mentor a high performing technical teams
– Work closely with the Project Manager in planning releases, monitoring progress and investigating production issues.
– Provide technical leadership to multiple projects teams
– Be accountable to the customer and to Leidos management for the success of the project(s) and team
– Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
– Ensure adequate communication between the stakeholders and other development teams
– Respond to data calls such computer or hardware details, technical attributes of the systems, or information requested in support of security audits
– Communicate and collaborate extensively with customers and functional team members such as Requirements Analysts, Architects, CM, and Testing.
– Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 10+ years of work experience with 5 years of experience managing complex software development projects
– Experience managing projects with multiple subcontractors
– Experience with the Agile development methodology, with experience and oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle using the agile development methodology
– Strong technical background in software development processes, techniques, and best practices
– PMI PMP Certification
· Experience developing web applications in Java, JEE, .NET, SQL Server
· Experience working at HHS agencies highly desired
· Familiarity with the Federal Grants lifecycle
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.