This position will assist the ITEMS UFS Release and Deployment/Configuration Management team to facilitate all the change boards for the program to include the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Engineering Review Board. This person will product meeting agenda, meeting minutes and update all change records according to board discussions. They will be responsible for ensuring process adherence and process improvement of all change management groups and boards. They will work directly with the board chairs and the CM Manager/Lead to ensure to reduce risk or accelerate delivery timelines; ensuring repeatable processes and current documentation. This team member will coordinate with the government’s board facilitators to ensure smooth transitions between the contractor and government boards when necessary.
The ITEMS UFS program is an Information Service Provider (ISP) contract that delivers and maintains user facing (IT) devices, worldwide, including: workstations and desktop software (thick images and virtual desktops) across many teams and baselines; printers, plotters, telephones, conference room audio-visual equipment, personal IT devices, etc. and related configuration and maintenance documentation.
This hands-on role requires attention to detail, with very good organization skills and ability to pivot between highly visible customer priorities: a combination of inflexible and shifting deadlines.
This role joins a good-nature team who are motivated to take their teamwork and process maturity to the next level. This role provides excellent visibility of the hardware/software change management and must work across the program and interfacing organizations. This role provides opportunity to analyze cross-team requirements, workflows and tools, socialize trade-offs and build consensus, then drive improvements. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns will be welcomed.
· Guide tool and process changes into operational environments, across operational organizations Work to understand and use program and customer CM tools, especially Service+.
· Facilitates meetings.
· Maintain tool documentation and create CONOPS.
· Assess workflows and environments, driving efficiencies and environment consolidations.
· Help teams assess software CM controls and drive needed actions to improve posture and consistency.
· Create metrics and drive efficiencies.
· Drive problems to closure, engaging needed stakeholders to reach solutions.
· Meeting facilitation.
· Moderation skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Experience using tools like Remedy, ServiceNow and JIRA.
· The candidate will be expected to develop and maintain Change Management Metrics.
· Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs.
· Basic engineering understanding to be able to decipher meeting content.
Education & Experience:
· Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
· Experience in lieu of degree.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.