Leidos is looking for a Business Operations Manager with a strong financial management background to support corporate programs / initiatives across CIO Services group.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of financial performance to include Revenue, Operating Income, Cash and Backlog. As the principal advisor to the Director of CIO Business Operations Management, you will work closely with program teams to ensure Operation growth and execution of the Business Plan. Further, you will have overall responsibility for timely and accurately planning, forecasting and analysis of the operation’s performance and ensuring controls exist to support company policy and procedures within the Operation. You will manage indirect cost and rates for the organization, ensuring the Operation sustains a cost and rate structure that is competitive for its market areas.
You will provide leadership in cost and schedule management, budget development and analysis for various programs in CIO; direct the establishment and maintenance of a system of business management controls to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, schedules, and financial goals; and interface with senior leadership on programmatic and business related activities providing suggestions and solutions.
- Perform complex financial analysis including trend and variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Lead in preparation of key financial reporting and metrics.
- Regularly analyze cost and budget, present findings to leadership; assist in remediation of issues.
- Interpret, analyze and summarize reporting results; prepare presentations for leadership.
- Evaluate results and serve as a functional expert to provide strategic guidance and insights during the analysis process.
- Import, transform, and rationalize data from systems of record such as General Ledger, Fixed Assets, ServiceNow, MS Project Online, Asset Manager, etc.
- Monitor expenditures and recommend appropriate course of action when issues are identified.
- Interpret and evaluate monthly analyses of business trends, including budget variance of financial results and KPIs to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Assess the impact of strategic financial decisions and present recommendations to leadership.
- Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
- Assist business managers with the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Responsible for the support of key weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables that track and communicate the performance of the business unit and key business metrics.
- Perform adhoc analysis and prepare presentation materials as requested.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of IT budgeting, forecasting and CAPEX & OPEX treatment.
- Prior experience in operations finance in a large enterprise.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products – pivot tables, v-lookups, and executive level presentations.
- Ability to handle difficult or unexpected situations as well as complex business challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Operations Finance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.