WHY LEIDOS? At Leidos we embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape, impacting the world. Leidos is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our community. One of the many reasons why we were named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies and top places to work.
The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior System Maintainer supporting mission applications maintenance in Aurora, CO. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission.
What you will do:
- Lead and Ensure the availability of mission processors through proactive Tier 2 SW maintenance
- Lead the performance of incident and problem management to resolve or escalate issues
- Support configuration management and change management activities
- Support service transitions including migrations to cloud infrastructure
- Lead request fulfillment activities including account management and configuration changes
- Coordinate with other software maintenance, operations and engineering contracts as required
- Lead and ensure the documentation all work performed via ticketing system
- Create, update or enhance maintenance and operations documentation
- Ensure security of mission processors and IT infrastructure
- Provide call-in support as required
- United States’ citizen with current TS/SCI with SSBI
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8 years of applicable experience or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- 5+ years’ experience performing Tier 2 software maintenance on mission critical systems
- Proven experience with one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Current and legacy software development languages and tools (i.e. C, C++, Java, XMIDAS)
- Unix, Linux or Windows operating systems, including shell scripting
- Enterprise management tools
- Enterprise storage management and configuration
- Database management systems and tools (i.e. Oracle, MySQL)
- TCP/IP networking in an enterprise environment
- Information system security, including IAVA management and ICD 503 compliance
- Experience supporting configuration management, change management and service transition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team
- Must be willing to perform call-in support as required
- Experience with legacy platforms (i.e. DEC VMS, Alpha)
- Mission operations experience
- Systems engineering and integration experience
- Mission-specific technical knowledge
- Software development
- ITIL Framework
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.