We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Sr Java Software Developer to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a Java Software Developer on this program, you will have the opportunity to build strong systems and software utilizing cloud capabilities and Agile experience to support a complex program. Based in DevOps framework, you will participate in and/or direct major deliverables throughout all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Participate in software programming initiatives to support innovation and enhancement of RESTful services, using Java and SpringBoot, Hibernate, C++.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit, Postman and Katalon
- Use industry leading DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, and Unix Bash scripting
- Document and Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Develop and integrate custom developed software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases
- Analyze (through proof of concept, performance, and end-to-end testing) and effectively coordinate Infrastructure needs driven by developed software to meet customer mission needs
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Bash
- Significant experience in the software development lifecycle, with experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices
- Experience with development in Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with development leveraging cloud data services (ex: S3, RDS, EFS)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Direct experience utilizing software testing performance tools, such as Junit or related tools
Direct experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo
- Well versed with using version control systems
- Well versed with using issue/problem tracking systems
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience developing DevOps infrastructure using GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible and related tools.
- Experience in AWS Data management services (Elastic Map Reduce, Lambda, Kinesis)
- Experience with SAFe development practices
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Eligible for External Referrals
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.