Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
We seek to build a team of Desktop technicians who can perform multiple functions related to various desktop platforms, voice and video systems.
The Desktop Support technicians provides PC, telephone and video support which may include duties such as:
- Unpacking and setting up PCs
- Installing PC operating systems via scripted install packages
- Installing application software on PCs via scripted install packages
- Providing basic user support for the software; PC, telephone and video troubleshooting when operation errors occur
- Providing initial troubleshooting and resolution for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) thin client systems
- Providing limited support related to microcomputer networks and providing user training in basic hardware and software functions.
- Performs all administration involved with PC (desktop/notebooks) distribution, including:
- Performing inventory on software and computer stock and making request for order or ordering new equipment
- Performs service center technology support which may include duties such as installing an IP phone, installing COTS – GOTS software using scripts and install packages, service center technology trouble shooting when operation errors occur
- Work closely with other members of Service Operations team, Service Design and Service Transition personnel and other IT technical and applications staff.
- Support network and locally attached printers
- Use of the Support Center ticket database to track, update and close tickets as well as provide asset data updates to the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve unique or complex problems in an efficient manner
- Prepare clear and timely technical documentation that explains recommended/required actions
- Interface directly with the client and parallel teams, as necessary
- Expert knowledge of networking concepts and technologies
- Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues.
- Provides phone support to users in the areas of e-mail/exchange, print services, directories, standard Windows desktop applications, chat, and SharePoint
- Compiles analysis of trouble tickets to provide monthly trending reports
- Monitors status of open tickets and reporting progress at the weekly operations meeting with the customer
- Answers and addresses trouble calls from Customers and Tier I organizations
- Provide Tier I and II troubleshooting on desktop systems, software (MS Office, etc.), printer issues, Video Teleconferences, and server/network related issues as part of service desk functions
- Be Accountable
- Solve Problems
- Take Ownership
- Be Client Centric
- Be Effective
Education & Experience:
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Security +
- Be able to physically lift or move at least 25lbs. Be able to maneuver under desk or low crawl spaces to install/uninstall equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position.
- This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.