Perform as the primary software engineer in the development and integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. Perform across the life-cycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in software engineering, system engineering & administration, integration, test and system security. Analyze requirements to ensure overall testability, develop software design, test plans, and procedures. Execute functional, performance, and security tests and support debug of system issues. Estimate software development costs and schedules. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current development methods. Establish and manage software configuration. Provide direct interface with customer.
- Candidate will provide architecture and design work as well as hands-on lab integration and test in a Research & Development environment.
- Provide expert, independent systems engineering services and leadership in specialized technical areas.
- Provide expertise on as-needed basis to all tack assignments.
- Coordinates with contractor and Government management to ensure that the task have been properly defined and that proposed solution(s) meet Government requirements.
- An Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Typically requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. May possess additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong Software development skills to include creation of requirements from customer ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot applications (small to medium size development), under minimal direction, in a Windows and Linux (RHEL/CentOs7) environment.
- Previous experience with correcting program errors, preparing operating instructions, compiling documentation of program development and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Proficiency with Perl scripting language.
- Proficiency and use of scripting languages (Shell Script, Korn, Bash, Python, etc) and SQL
- System integration:
- Working knowledge and development experience in a Linux environment (Redhat or CENTOS).
- Ability to troubleshoot Linux/Unix admin problems
- Familiarization with TCP/IP Networking including:
- Understanding of and experience with ssh/scp/sftp
- Understanding of public/private key encryption
- Ability to create keys, put them in the correct place on a unix box, and use them for key authentication with ssh/scp/sftp
- Administration of Redhat/CENTOS Linux including:
- Logs examination
- File permission ownership management
- Cron job management
- User/Group management
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers.
- Cross Domain integration (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions) experience is a plus.
- Experience or ability to learn Apache Nifi (Niagrafiles)
- Experience with integrating Digital Certificates / Single Sign-On functionality between systems.
- System integration experience in physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Software Development:
- Proficiency with server-side component design skills: Object-Oriented Design with Java EE
- Proficiency with Webservice (SOAP/REST).
- Proficiency with Python scripting
- Strong Management Skills:
- Ability to document program and data flow operation including creation of diagrams
- Experience documenting problem via trouble tickets (discrepancy tickets)
- Ability to create clear procedures
- Ability to work with customers
- Ability to mentor other programmers
- Security Clearance TS (Ability to obtain SCI)
- Clearance Required Prior to Start: Final Top Secret
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.