Leidos is looking for a Computational Chemist with a background in organic chemistry and demonstrated programming skills support development of well curated chemical property and chemical reaction databases and the application of Machine Learning (ML) algorithms to these databases in the development of Quantitative Structure-Property Relationships (QSPR) to drive discovery of new compounds. Also, to the application of ML algorithms for retro-synthesis predictions of identified target compounds of interest to the US Army at its Picatinny Arsenal, NJ site.
- Develop, curate and automate organic compound material databases and synthetic reactions.
- Apply state of the art ML computational methods for property predictions and retrosynthesis predictions.
- Develop, apply, and refine AI/ML techniques to drive the creation of new molecular compound libraries, application of QSPR models to refine these libraries, and retrosynthetic analysis of target compounds.
- Requires a BS in Organic chemistry as well as an additional degree or a minor in mathematics or computer science.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of modern methods for the synthesis of organic molecules
- Good understanding of computational methods for physical property prediction
- Expertise with programming languages including python
- US citizenship required.
- Understanding and knowledge of QSPR and AI/ML techniques
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.