The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Release Train Engineer (RTE) to provide technical expertise and leadership to a large cross-functional team within an Intelligence Community agency. Work will be performed in Chantilly Virginia. Successful candidate will provide Project Leadership support within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) software development environment. The candidate should have a background of prior management experience, and working within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) execution construct. Ideal candidate has software development and/or application integration project management experience and an understanding of the use of DevSecOps tools and processes to facilitate configuration management, testing, and deployment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing schedule execution and planning the software / architecture releases for the program
- Facilitating cross-team collaboration within program via Scrum of Scrums meeting and other less formal forums in support development, testing, and deployment efforts
- Tracking status across program’s agile and DevSecOps teams
- Briefing customer on development progress throughout program increment cycle
- Briefing customer on status of testing, deployment, and release readiness
- Work closely with the operations team to coordinate release trains, assess the impact to other DevSecOps processes, and schedule FAT/release timelines for those fixes.
- Acquire in-depth understanding of the large complex software system, and assess risk and understand varied customer needs
- Leading collection, dissemination, and interpretation of development metrics
- Facilitating sprint and program increment demos for internal and external audiences
- Creating content for program’s website as new releases are deployed to operations
- Facilitating Release Planning Events (RPEs), including logistics and technical preparation
- Providing technical execution oversight to the test team throughout each program increment starting with identifying test plans through Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V)
- Providing leadership and coordination to shepherd baseline releases from development code cutoff to operational deployment completion.
- Assessing skillset needs and collaborating with leadership to staff program openings
- Participating in proposal efforts including Basis of Estimate (BOE) and technical volume writing
- Coaching teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Project/Program Leaders in agile practices
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- TS/SCI level clearance is required to be considered.
- Previous Release, Project, or Program Management experience
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Leadership and staffing experience
- Experience working with a SAFe Agile software development team, managing project deadlines (ideally in a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Development Lead role)
- Experience with briefing leadership and/or customers of key status of project progression
- Experience communicating with and briefing status to external stakeholders, including customer/government representatives
- Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, good attitude, be a results-oriented team player, creative thinker, problem solver, and follow all Leidos ethical standards. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Domain knowledge and/or experience, especially familiarity with software development, DevSecOps, and/or COTS/FOSS integration
- Familiarity with the Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM), especially the Oracle IAM suite.
- Familiar with program’s suite of tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Familiarity with multiple test phases (unit, regression, feature acceptance, independent validation and verification), multiple test environments, cloud and on-premise infrastructures, baseline configuration management, automated testing and deployment.
- Familiarity with DoD ICD 503 authorization and assessment process
- Experience working with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Holds a SAFe Agile Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.