Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next Network Engineer working in Bethesda, MD. Your job will be to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation/configuration, and troubleshooting including associated hardware. You get to participate in building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment working closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, system engineers and O&M team members. Fun right!!
Fun stuff you will get to do:
- Provide support for various network types including LANs, WANs, Software Defined Networks (SDN), Storage systems; NAS, CEPH, ISCSI, fiber channel (FC), and Flash Storage technologies (flash blades/arrays) deployed in both physical and virtualized environments
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- Design, implement, configure and manage firewalls
- Configure routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Assist system engineers with networking aspects of design solutions
- Assist with phase-in activities including initial HW/SW configuration tests and network connectivity
- Improve existing infrastructure by incorporating the latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Initiate network/server product returns & replacements (RMA)
- Maximize network performance through on going monitoring and troubleshooting
- Determine network bandwidth needs and recommend measures to meet those requirements
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and network baselines
This is you:
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of related network engineering experience
- Must have a Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation, network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Proficient knowledge of core routing and switching design principles
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, DNS, DHCP, BGP, OSPF, VLAN, EPG, QoS and remote access
- Basic knowledge of Linux OS
- Experience with AWS including a working knowledge of VPC, Security groups, IAM and AMI deployments’
- Experience with design solutions and documentation
- Experience with infrastructure support
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks, track own progress and communicate risks in a timely manner
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly with strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
If you have these skills you will wow us:
- Knowledge and some understanding of Kubernetes, Salt, Elasticsearch
- Experience in DevOps tools; scripting
- Experience with deployment and operations of containers
- Familiarity with various software applications i.e. iPerf / iPerf3, PHP IPAM IP address management software, Citrix ADC is an application delivery controller (ADC), Mattermost, Confluence, Jira (Atlassian), Cisco ACI, Intersight, App Dynamics, and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.