Leidos is seeking an Integration & Test Lab Manager who will be responsible for the Integration &Test team involved with the Federal Aviation Administration’ (FAA) Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) program. TBFM technology is part of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the National Airspace System (NAS). The program is committed to enhancing NAS efficiency by using the capabilities of the TBFM decision-support tool, a system already deployed in the contiguous United States.
• Staffing and hiring activities to meet workload needs for the Test team, Includes interviewing and evaluation candidate new hires.
• Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities for Test control accounts.
• Cost estimating, workload and staff planning, including authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs), in support of Test team's current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation).
• Manage and responsible for full Integration & Test lifecycle activities including development of Test CDRLs (Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports, etc.), and integration testing. This includes functional testing, hardware testing, interface testing, PAT, and Site Acceptance testing.
• Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to cost, schedule, resource management, and technical aspects of the SE & Test teams.
• Oversee I&T engineering functions.
• Plan engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and apply tracking metrics.
• Implement Earned Value methodology as required by TBFM.
• Ensure delivery of quality work products, including specifications, plan sand procedures, in accordance with program requirements.
• Demonstrate experience in providing technical oversight over I&T staff.
• Identify requirements for subcontractor support to TBFM I&T teams.
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for the department's personnel; award programs and other employee award/assessment activities.
• Requires a BA/BS degree and with a minimum of 12+ years of prior relevant experience, or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience will also be considered
• Experience on a large-scale software development program in a software engineering leadership capacity.
• Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle as well as proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
• Understanding of I&T and Lab configuration management tools and change tracking.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
• Cost accounting / earned value management / ownership
• Planning and cost estimating experience
• Experience with execution under Waterfall and/or Agile development methodology
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs; especially TBFM
• Background and development experience in ATC Test & Lab Engineering
• Prior experience in ATC Test and Lab process and architecture, as well as business rhythm.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.