As part of an Agile Team, the Junior Data Scientist helps to design, develop, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process. This role implements data auditing, reporting, and security through the use of existing tools and developing new ones. Familiarization with a broad range of data analysis tools and techniques is required. This role assists in complex projects requiring data analysis, interpretation, and communication to support decision-makers and customers.
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Participate in the development of documentation
- Coordinate closely with customers, Scrum Masters, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Develop and execute project plans leveraging Atlassian tool suite such as JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree and have three (3) years of prior relevant experience. A Masters degree with less than two (2) years of prior relevant experience will be considered as well.
- Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Experience querying and analyzing machine logs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across a team
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.