As part of an Agile Team, this role as an Expert Data Scientist program designs, develops, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process. This role implements data auditing, reporting, and security through the use of existing tools and developing new ones. Extensive experience with a broad range of data analysis tools and techniques is required. This role leads complex projects requiring data analysis, interpretation, and communication to support decision-makers and customers.
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Participate in the development of documentation
- Coordinate closely with customers, Scrum Masters, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Develop and execute project plans leveraging Atlassian tool suite such as JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience. A Masters degree with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Extensive knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Experience querying and analyzing machine logs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across a team
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.