The Gov’t Health & Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos Health Group has an opening for a Portfolio Division Director, in charge of the Social Security Administration (SSA) portfolio. Primary work location for this position is Baltimore, MD. Some local travel is expected.
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President of the Gov’t Health & Safety Solutions Operation, the SSA Portfolio Division Director provides strategic direction for the SSA portfolio and line management oversight of all Leidos business contracts performed within SSA. As the division lead overseeing the SSA business, this person will manage a combination of program and technical managers, and other staff to achieve business and operational results consistent with the Gov’t Health & Safety Solutions Operation’s Annual Operation Plan (AOP). Services performed in support of the SSA portfolio include but are not limited to agile software design and development, system deployments, innovation initiatives and other health information services.
- Actively manage large program(s) P&L, including indirect budgets, to plan
- Provide operational oversight and coaching to program and technical managers
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity with all programs and maintain Leidos positive brand recognition throughout SSA
- Provide strategic direction and implement initiatives in order to support the success and growth of the entire organization
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that will raise the bar on current contracts and enable growth in adjacent markets
- Work collaboratively with the Business Development organization and other sales/capture support personnel to achieve business growth targets within SSA account base
- Manage organizational compliance with Leidos policies and procedures
- By personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership
- Build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior
- Develop the employee base to achieve employee retention and performance, including the identification and development of future leaders in Leidos
- Provide backup support to Gov’t Health & Safety Solution Sr Vice President as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 15+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain a Federal Public Trust clearance
- Prior experience running a portfolio of programs within the federal market; >$100M Year
- Knowledge and experience in managing multiple contract types (CPFF, FFP, FPLOE, T&M, etc.)
- History of success leading and managing multiple program(s) of high complexity providing products, innovation/R&D, services, and customer support
- Working knowledge of industry best practices in program and project management, overseeing software development, application modernization and/or database projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow all aspects of a business area successfully including customers, people, programs, financials, and new business over multiple years
- Proven successful track record of achieving on contract growth (OCG) and winning re-competes, takeaways, and new business
- Experience in identifying potential partners, developing teaming agreements and working with other team members to develop a total integrated business solution
- Demonstrated experience to effectively engage a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization
- Ability to gain internal consensus support; operate independently without supervision or feedback; conceive new and innovative ideas and solutions; predicting potential outcomes, and determine which alternative course of action to follow
- Ability to establish positive, constructive relationships with technical and functional staff, managers, and peers within the Operation, Group, and across Leidos organizations
- Prior experience of collaboration efforts outside the immediate organization
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and foster organizational high potential talent to achieve career growth opportunities, at higher levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work with supporting functions and other delivery organizations in achieving win – win results
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree preferred in business administration or within health related field
- Existing established positive relationships with SSA
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos SSA business
- Strong working knowledge of contract vehicles such as CIO-SP3, GSA IT70, MOBIS, and GSA BPAs
- Knowledge of large, small, and “other than small” competition in the SSA market, along with their strengths and vulnerabilities
- Experience with breaking into new accounts / customers through effective capture tactics
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.