The Leidos Airborne Sensors & Analytics division has an opening for a Network Engineer at Hurlburt Field, FL, Cannon AFB, NM, or Colorado Springs, CO. The Network Engineer will serve on an Engineering Team in support of upper echelon engineering for the Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operations Center (ROC) contract and a full spectrum of division activities and contracts primarily focused on network engineering related to mission systems operations within or in support of aircraft platforms. As a subject matter expert, the candidate will inject into each stage of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle to include but not limited to, requirements analysis, network system design, network system integration, functional testing, and all associated documentation. Primary duties are technically hands on and include the research, development, integration, testing, troubleshooting, and fielding of network hardware, software, and appliances. The selected candidate will have a strong background and experience in network engineering or related information technology field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test network hardware and software.
Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Lead installation, configuration, and maintenance of network services, equipment and devices.
• Support administration of servers and server clusters, manage all system backup and restore protocol, plan and support network and computing infrastructure, monitor system performance and implement performance tuning.
• Network design, integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation
• Develop network test plans that validate requirements
• Develop and maintain network systems engineering documentation and diagrams
• Develop technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
• Support engineers of other disciplines in the design, integration, and security posture of products
• Assists ISSM in the development and maintenance of multiple accreditation packages
• Contributes to pre, peri, and post Authority to Operate (ATO) assessments
• Assists with other systems engineering activities as directed by supervisor
• Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline, experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• 8 years of related experience
• US Citizen with a Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI
• Certifications: Any Cisco CCNA, Any DoD 8570 certifications of IAT Level II or higher or IAM Level I or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM)
• Candidate must be familiar with the Cisco IOS, IP routing protocols, long haul communication transport, WAN protocols, network test equipment, and NSA type-1 encryption devices.
• Requires C4ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Intelligence Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) experience.
• Excellent communication skills in team environments and superior customer service skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Experience with virtualization architectures (VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V)
• Must be able to rack up servers and IT equipment in accordance with installation prints and physically lift 50lbs
• Cisco CCNP
• AWS or Azure Certification and Cloud experience.
• Familiarity with NIST RMF SP 800-53
• Experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross-domain solutions
• Strong working knowledge and experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross-domain solutions.
• Deep experience in multicast and streaming product ingest/egress.
• Experience with transport of sensor and ISR data.
• Experience in software defined networking and cloud backups of data.
• Experience with and knowledge configuring and maintaining SAN and NAS storage systems.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.