Leidos is a leader in providing Human Performance and Behavioral Health support to the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Veterans Administration. We have a reputation as one of the most outstanding providers of both clinical and non-clinical professionals in support of our military and military families across the globe.
Our staff provide Non-medical counseling (NMC) services and additional outreach services through a single DoD maintained and operated MFLC program. The standard MFLC counseling approach is psycho-educational in nature, tailored to unique military environments, and helps participants learn to anticipate and resolve unique challenges associated with military life. These services aid in the prevention or reduction of the effects of stressors that may detract from military and family readiness.
Leidos Military & Veterans Health group is seeking Team Leads to support the MFLC program.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
MFLC Team Leads are responsible for directly supervising the performance and service delivery of an assigned group of MFLC Counselors. MFLC Team Leads are generally located within, or adjacent to, the local area of the MFLCS they supervise. MFLC Team Leads may be geographically separated from the Regional Supervisor to whom they report.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
· Supervises a dedicated team of approximately 45 MFLCs; assisting in the hiring process, delegating work assignments, evaluating performance, approving time and attendance, setting performance objectives, and addressing employee issues
· Works directly with Installation POCs to ensure efficient and effective service delivery and issue resolution
· Coordinates new MFLC on-boarding and in-processing
· Facilitate on demand and surge requirements in their team area
· Monitors and assures MFLC service delivery per contract requirements
· Mentors MFLCs to optimize performance, continue growth and development, and assure professional standards are maintained
· Responsible for insuring MFLCs compliance with government, corporate, and professional licensing/certification training requirements
· Follows up with MFLCs to ensure correct delivery of approved training materials
· Prepares reports and provides written and oral briefings to management and local/installation government representatives as required
· Provides face-to-face confidential NMC and NMC outreach services and support Rotational MFLCs, On-demand MFLCs, and Surge MFLCs
· Performs other duties, responsibilities, and activities as needed
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must hold a Master’s degree from an accredited graduate program in a mental health related field such as social work, psychology, marriage/family therapy, or counseling
· Two years’+ post-license management or supervisory responsibilities
· Must hold and maintain a valid unrestricted counseling license from a state, the District of Columbia, a U.S. territory or commonwealth that grants authority to provide counseling services as an independent practitioner in their respective fields
· MFLC experience strongly preferred/desired
· An understanding of the military lifestyle and working with military family members
· Working knowledge of military, state, federal, and local laws and resources
· Ability to understand, apply and maintain professional standards
· Must have proven leadership skills and ability
· Ability to provide clear direction and guidance to a diverse team of professionals
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Highly developed written, oral and presentation communication skills
· Ability to travel to site locations as needed
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Certified Career Counselors
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.