The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for an Cloud Computing Systems Engineer for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This role is primarily remote but will also require onsite visits to Ft. Meade, MD. One must live within driving distance to Ft. Meade, MD to be considered for this role.
In this role, you will be responsible for working within a fast paced Agile team to support the design and delivery of new infrastructure, test automation code functionality, and support existing frameworks in the AWS Cloud. You will use strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. Additionally, you will work with the New Innovations internal development and implementation teams, operational end users, and support teams to analyze, build and maintain automated test frameworks across test phases for cloud innovation implementations.
You will also:
- Manage the requirements baseline across all innovation tools, and ensuring a mapping of requirements to use cases and test cases.
- Create systems engineering documents and diagrams to support the GSM-O Innovation deployments
- Support the design and implementation of test cases and testing framework for the instantiation of infrastructure as code innovations in an AWS environment to verify the quality of deployed code
- Develop requirements and use case based test cases to ensure functionality innovations deployed into AWS
- Support the automation of test tooling and pipelines that enable secured and tested systems to be deployed across a variety of environments in the AWS Cloud
- Develop interface integration test cases to ensure integration of the tools to external sources
- Write actionable, testable product requirements in the form of user stories based on input from development and operations teams.
- Author and execute User Acceptance strategies, plans and scripts for the migration of existing tools to the cloud environment as well as new tool instantiations in the cloud.
- Leverage coding expertise to develop and maintain test tools and frameworks to validate.
- Ensure that test strategy is maintained and updated as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Perform regression, integration, and verification and validation testing of web services in the cloud.
- Conduct troubleshooting/test execution in support of remediation efforts as required
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
- Bachelors and 8 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree and 6 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD SECRET Clearance
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- Experience in architecture, design, develop, and delivery of data driven operations capabilities, within a DoD environment.
- 3+ years of systems engineering experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in testing AWS infrastructure environments, test automation, and requirements verification, managing multiple environments
- Experience with monitoring AWS environment health and developing solutions to mitigate risks of performance and Service-level Agreements (SLAs)
- Experience with Ansible or Python scripting
- Linux / Red Hat operating system commands
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services- Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with cloud-based - specifically AWS - enterprise implementations
- Experience working with Linux operating system
- Knowledge of web services: API, REST
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
- Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with Automated Test frameworks
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps, Configuration as Code, Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with Xray Test Management
- Experience managing system requirements across multiple subsystems/tools
- Extensive experience testing open-source technology
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- Experience with test automation using Ansible
- AWS cloud certifications
- Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.