The Defense group at Leidos has a career opening for an Information System Security Specialist on a DISA contract. This role is primarily remote but will also require on-site visits to Ft. Meade, MD. One must live within driving distance to Ft. Meade, MD for this role.
- Assist with ISSM responsibilities, including acting as a point of contact for cybersecurity related aspects to the assigned information systems, ensuring systems are maintained per security policies and procedures and maintaining compliance and ongoing reporting to management.
- Support Cyber / Information System Security Officer (ISSO) efforts, including mentoring, assigning and reviewing work and planning/scheduling to ensure milestones are completed in accordance with the project schedule.
- Support regular briefings with the customer on cybersecurity status, including preparing briefing materials. Work closely with government Information Assurance team to support Authorization to Operate (ATO) accreditation conditions and requirements. Help coordinate and support site visits / audits, including System Readiness Reviews (SRR).
- Author, review, coordinate and submit required artifacts to eMASS (including change requests) to achieve milestones such as Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and ATO in accordance with the project schedule. Submit and gain approval of Ports, Protocols and Services Management (PPSM) updates, including Further Action (FA) form submissions.
- Independently develop and maintain system security documentation, including drafting, reviewing, editing and recommending guidance for Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures (TTP), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Perform information system Assessment and Authorization planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities, including security scans, scan results analysis and audit trail log reviews. Document scan results and findings according to NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes. Conduct regular privileged user management reviews. Evaluate software and hardware during pre-acquisition phases to determine its ability to meet minimum security requirements based on NIST SP 800-53 security controls.
- Assist with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements, including coordinating the execution, review and disposition of STIG checklists for systems, applications, developed code and other components.
- BS and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and lead a geographically distributed team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership. Candidate shall have the ability to develop and present management level briefings.
- Technical knowledge and skills in one of the following areas: systems administration, network engineering, software development, integration and testing, data analytics or security operations.
- Technical understanding of supporting security initiatives, conducting security monitoring, reporting and maintaining security compliance following security regulations and policies.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology.
- DOD 8570 IAT level II certification or higher (i.e. Security+ CE or CISSP)
- DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Prior team lead experience, including experience leading a cybersecurity team
- Hands-on experience with Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems and networking.
- Experience with Information Technology (IT) hardware & software support and troubleshooting.
- Experience with operating IT security tools, such as ACAS, HBSS, DISA STIGs, MicroFocus Fortify and Splunk.
- NIST RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A) experience.
- Computer system logging and auditing experience, data search and parsing using basic data analytics skills.
- 2+ years of directly relevant experience with of NIST Special publications 800-37 and 800-53.
- Prior experience working Cybersecurity in accordance with US Government (USG), Department of Defense (DOD).
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- Cloud/AWS accreditation experience.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.