Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
- Design, customize and upgrade legacy software for cloud native processing
- Develop and write computer applications to store, locate, and retrieve specific document’s, data, and information
- Maintain updates and enhance software products
- Document code changes or revisions by using version control and revision logs descriptions
- Optimize actions by recognizing where it is necessary and expected to work with other team members and across groups to improve success
- Evaluate existing software products and makes on-going improvements and suggestions
- Update applications, databases and tools for customers with changing demands
- Conduct testing for programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct
- Write, update, and maintain programs or software packages to handle specific jobs related to analysis of large data sets
- Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
- Collaborate with other technical resources and customers to select appropriate design solutions and to ensure the compatibility with system
- Design valid user-criteria testing, prior to production release of software
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field all levels of expereince will be reviewed.
- Experience in Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.