Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Financial Management Analyst to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
This position will support the Real Estate, Information Technology, Engineering, and Support Services (RITES) team on the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC) with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The Analyst will primarily handle all fiscal and funding related tasks supporting the Task Order Managers and 130+ team members.
The Financial Analyst will be juggling competing priorities and keeping the customer apprised of progress. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review financial procedures and implement process improvement changes.
- Communicating key financial information to FAA Customers, Task Order Managers, Leidos employees, and subcontractors through presentations, formal emails and verbal interactions.
- Representing the RITES team during Task Order portfolio meetings, speaking to the detailed status of all RITES team financials.
- Delegate work to junior analysts.
- Supporting the FAA Customers directly in all ad hoc financial requests, without direct supervision or assistance
- Creating, maintaining and updating complex excel financial trackers for multiple Task Orders with the FAA
- Approving labor and expense claims with attention to detail and complex guidance provided by management
- Budgeting and revising Task Order cost estimates in cooperation with FAA Customer and NISC Task Order Managers’ guidance
- Calculating, analyzing, and projecting employee labor burn rates utilizing FAA, NISC, and Leidos technology platforms
- Submitting weekly and monthly financial status reports to the FAA Customer in accordance with contractual requirements
- Collaborating with the internal finance and subcontractor departments to manage estimate to complete files and funding authorizations
- Utilizing and learning new FAA, NISC, and Leidos technology systems to create and manipulate various internal and external reports
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related area and 4 years of prior relevant experience in a financial analysis, business operations, or consulting/advisory role or Masters Degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Advanced MS Office skills (especially Excel Macros/VBA and Pivot tables), as well as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Leadership skill demonstrated in previous employment; innovative approach to projects, ability to work in a team, delegate work, mentor and train junior analysts
- Previous experience in a federal or commercial professional services contracting/consulting environment: invoicing, account reconciliations, and other complex financial analyses
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex financial or procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports to present to customers and management team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrable accounting, budgeting and financial analysis, reporting, and management skills
- Independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision
- Able to address different stakeholder requirements
- Great communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions
- Excellent customer service skills
The ideal candidate for this position will be highly effective at accomplishing the above tasks while also implementing creative solutions to unexpected situations that may arise. This candidate must be highly proficient at managing multiple tasks at once and communicating progress to achieve expected deadlines. Additionally, this candidate will have a keen sense for process improvements and act as a self-starter to implement these changes. Maintaining active communication with team members to efficiently accomplish tasks and receiving real-time feedback to implement effectively are vital to this role; therefore, strong verbal and written communication skills are critical. A successful financial analyst will actively build professional relationships with internal and external customers.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.