Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer/Architect, a significant leadership position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) in Columbia, MD.
The Lead Systems Engineer/Architect will coordinate support tasks for all related Systems Engineering/Architecture efforts including, but not limited to the application of Systems Engineering, Requirements Analysis and complex Systems Design in support of the DISA Defensive Cyber Mission.
- Establishes system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
- Designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams.
- Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models, and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Ensures that the common operating environment is compliant.
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
- Demonstrated expertise in Federal Government Systems Engineering/Architecture is absolutely necessary.
- Prior experience in leading large organizations with complex requirements and needs for Systems Engineering/Architecture efforts.
- Leadership of technical teams with similar skills.
- MA/MS in a technical discipline with at least 15 years of experience
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoDD 8570/8140, IAT II or higher.
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Experience with Defensive Cyber Systems and Operations
- Experience with DISA Defensive Cyber Platforms
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.