Leidos is seeking a Software Development/CAM Lead, who will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program. TFDM is a management system that will improve aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS). TFDM will provide efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
Responsibilities as an individual and team member:
• Full Software Development life cycle activities for product area(s) including design, code, unit and string testing of features/fixes, development of SW CDRLs, integration and test support for their product area, as well as site issue support.
• Deliver software fixes for issues needed by System Integration & Test team or maintain adherence to the program software development processes including completing 100% unit test coverage or string testing.
• Control Account Management (CAM), proposal / change order activities, leadership/oversight over technical team activities (as needed), support of staffing activities
• Control Account Manager (CAM) activities Weekly schedule statusMonthly cost/estimate to complete analysis and statusVariance analysis and reports/explanationsBaseline change requests (BCRs) Other miscellaneous CAM requests.
• Estimating, Workload, and Manpower planning activities Authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs), Support of Department's current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation).
• Engineering planning tasks including meeting deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing.
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Software engineering technical leadership experience with strong organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle.
• Experience with control account management (CAM), cost accounting, earned value management (EVMS)
• Experience with Planning and Cost estimating experienceSE or SW process, process improvement, SE/SW metrics tracking / affordability initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task background and application experience with Software engineering
• Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills Ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
• Experience with execution under Waterfall and/or Agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs is desired but not required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.