Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Shared Services Manager that will be responsible for developing strategy, creating roadmaps and increasing adoption of managed service offerings of the service center across Leidos and supported programs. The service centers include the Mission Support Services service desk, the CLOUDbank, and the Data Center Operations service centers. These service centers provide support across multiple Leidos lines of business as well as the Corporate IT Service Desk. This position is located in Albuquerque, NM and is responsible for driving the service desk and call center capability to customers and across the Leidos organization for new business and growth.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the Leidos primary representative to the Government on all Enterprise Service Desk related matters for the Albuquerque location.
- Develops strategy, processes and procedures that support execution of Service Desk/Call Center activities, to include process flows, defined roles and responsibilities, knowledge articles, and reporting scheme to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements.
- Identify and implement opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
- Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance Service Desk performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on Service Desk performance metrics.
- Define, manage and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for each service in the Service Catalog.
- Establish KPI metrics, reports and goals that aligned with the customer’s long-term strategic direction agencies ensuring customer service and productivity levels are achieved.
- Build a strong relationship with all customers, and inspire trust in the staff.
- Identify and support communications and outreach opportunities to expand service offerings and adoption.
- Coordinate technology innovations with engineering teams and user teams.
- Provide project management support to drive innovation implementations and upgrades.
- Support/lead associated functional centers of excellence and/or working groups.
- Leverage analytics tools to establish baseline service performance metrics and identify areas for continual improvement.
- Support business development and capture activities related to offerings of the service centers.
- Perform as the Service Center Portfolio Director when they are unavailable.
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of overall relevant experience with 8+ years of specific experience managing or leading Service Desk tasks for a large scale Enterprise Service Desk with defined Service Level Agreements such as first call resolution and abandonment rate.
- Demonstrated experience with ITSM suites such as BMC Remedy or ServiceNow. Demonstrated experience implementing service improvement processes in response to performance metrics or service level agreements.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, and evaluating task execution and performance exercising latitude and independence of the team to implement solutions as expected.
- Able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance or higher.
- Possess Help Desk Institute (HDI) certifications, such as Support Center Manager.
- Successfully completed ITIL Foundations and ITIL Practitioner certifications.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.