Leidos is seeking a Program Manager to join a program team supporting a government customer in a highly complex information technology environment. The PM is responsible for the overall performance of the program and will plan, coordinate, and manage the actions taken to initiate and execute a Government contract. The successful candidate will manage a team of up to 200 resources and work in a high-pressure environment, delivering outstanding results under tight deadlines and constraints. The PM will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the customer program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. The PM must effectively bring together a cohesive/efficiently running organization. The PM will be responsible for managing cost, schedule, quality and risk to ensure contract requirements are met; provide financial reports, collect and analyze project metrics; prepare and participate in informal and formal reviews. We are looking for a team-oriented leader who has the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large program and interface with senior customer leaders.
- Responsible for day-to-day management as well as long-term strategic development
- Responsible for all financial, technical, administrative, contractual, and personnel aspects of the contract
- Reports to the customer and Leidos management on the status of all financial, technical, administrative, contractual, and personnel aspects of the contract
- Expertly manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program capabilities on time and within budget, including Subcontractors and Vendors
- Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions
- Ensure innovation and efficiencies are an ongoing process
- Coordinate Leidos resources needed for effective program management, including but not limited to, HR support, Talent Acquisition, contracts administration, security, and finance support.
- Identifies, assesses and resolves complex business problems/issue/risks
- Leads planning for Contractor resources, scheduling, milestones and deliverables
- Serve as main point of contact for the client Leadership and contract management officers
- Coordinates resolution of scope and schedule disputes
- Ensure qualified personnel are obtained and retained
- Lead, manage, coach, and mentor employees, manage professional development, hiring, and issue resolution for the program.
- Engage employees and customers on a routine basis to fully understand customer requirements and employee capabilities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- At least 4 years of experience managing complex programs, supervising and leading teams or projects.
- Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience collaborating and coordinating across project teams and components facilitating information sharing, reuse and productivity improvements.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
- Certification in Project Management from a recognized credentialing agency
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Experience developing a strategic vision for a complex organization, balancing modernization needs with critical daily operations and maintenance requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.