Leidos is seeking a HR Staffing Specialist to support efforts for NGEN-R SMIT Overseas Network (ONE-Net) Transition; overseeing team development to ensure operational readiness for execution. NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) ONE-Net portion of the contract the Leidos team will deliver service desk operations and provide staff augmentation supporting cybersecurity services, network operations, data transport and other IT services operations support functions for the Navy’s overseas operating locations in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
In this role, you will support the PM and three teams, comprised of up to 6 personnel to support the objective of knowledge transfer to ensure site operational readiness. Candidates will need to exhibit an understanding of project management concepts, inclusive of scope, schedule, cost, resource, communication, risk, and stakeholder management. Candidates must have familiarity with government requirements for overseas contracts including experience with ECOPS/DCOPS, SPOT and SOFA processing for overseas contract employees.
Lead site resourcing initiatives, utilizing the program staffing plan to manage personnel in order to meet program schedule and cost requirements.
- Lead HR business processes, as applicable, to include staff onboarding / off-boarding, weekly time-reporting and approval
- Manage and coordinate program resourcing; working with technical leads to define resource needs, and communicate requirements to Leidos’ Talent Acquisition and Subcontracting partners
- Provide oversight of the staffing and onboarding process; inclusive of requisition development, candidate tracking, labor category verification, and offer tracking
- Seek creative solutions to maintain staffing expectations, inclusive of the use of Springboard/Volt
- Seamlessly onboard personnel, ensuring Day-1 readiness to meet program objectives
- Utilize program staffing plans to manage hiring expectations, reporting variances and seeking corrective actions to mediate issues
- Oversee staffing metrics, providing required information to program leadership
- Support project management activities associated with cost and resource management; providing reports, as required to ensure accuracy, transparency, and completeness
- Establish and maintain transparent and respectful working relationships program personnel and leadership
- Support other activities as requested, to ensure operational readiness
- Coordinate program staffing actions, and ensure that items are completed by the defined due date
- Establish staffing processes and standards, coordinate all associated actions, and resolve any concerns across Leidos and subcontractor team members
- Assist Program Manager in making performance, hire, and removal decisions
- Maintain staffing data accuracy and deliver via a program Resource Management toolset
- Utilize program management tools to maintain reports on shared portals, create and maintain reports and spreadsheets pertaining to all employees and their utilization
- Responsible for special projects and any other duties as assigned
- BA degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field, and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- 3 or more years of supporting project management office/team operations, including sourcing and building technical teams
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Prior experience with resource planning labor category requirements, and requisition development for overseas contracts
- Prior experience with ECOPS/DCOPS, SPOT and overseas SOFA processing
- Exhibit leadership qualities required to coordinate and lead meetings to drive progress associated with assignments
- Ability to understand and execute program baselines, identifying variances, and communicating issues in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts
- Ability to utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to effectively communicate results to leadership and team members
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to succulently communicate
- US citizenship and a Public Trust Background Investigations
- PMI Project Management Professional certification
- 2+ years of experience with all personnel/HR management responsibility for a team of at least 10 team members
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.