The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a highly technical and motivated Principal Software Engineer to work in Clarksburg, West Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Third Generation (N3G)
Day to Day Agile Software Development and using Java and scripting languages like Python. Use functional programming to develop and migrate big data from IBM Mainframe to the Cloud. Develop tools to provide search capabilities using ElasticSearch. Evaluation and possible implementation of a Namesearch product could also be part of our teams Road Map.
- The Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of experience, or a Masters and 6+ years of experience, OR Equivalent experience.
- Candidate must hav at least seven (7) years of experience in the following areas:
· Requirements analysis; software design, development, integration, and testing; operations
and maintenance; bug fixing; and configuration management.
· Test case development.
· Java and scripting languages such as Python.
· Debugging, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to include preparing and delivering presentations and artifacts to customer management.
A DOD Top Secret Clearance is required.
· Developing microservice architectures for web and application services using virtual instances, load balancing, automated surge capability, and integrated performance monitoring.
· Developing applications using traditional SQL based database management systems
· Developing applications using nosql data management systems and full text searching.
· Implementing security controls required by Federal information systems
The preferred Candidate shall have at least two (2) years of experience in the following areas:
· Automating application deployments, scaling and management.
· Development on an on-premise or off-premise cloud.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.