The Leidos Civil Group currently has a Training Lead/Instructor opening supporting the FAA National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) program in its Oklahoma City location.
This position will provide support for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Our instructors provide technical expertise on the concepts and principles contained in FAA Orders and Directives as well as training on the automation used to support TERPS development and evaluation. This position is typically represented by a TERPS specialist, experienced pilot or air traffic controller. It is critical that our instructors are able to meet the changing needs of training.
Lead duties will include performance management, oversight of employees’ time cards, leave requests, training, and ongoing performance development. The Lead will work with the Deputy Task Order Manager to ensure that our teams are compliant with Leidos Six Core Values. The Lead will be expected to lead by example in reference to those values. The Lead will also work with the Deputy Task Order Manager to ensure that individual and team goals and expectations are met.
Instructor Duties will involve a wide range of functions involved in the development, maintenance, and instruction of training courses.
- Develop and update current and new course training materials including lesson plans, PowerPoint slides, laboratory exercises, training handouts, computer-based training, and other required training materials. Reproduce the required training materials, orders, and manuals used in conducting the training courses. All training development and instruction will comply with FAA Academy guidelines. Instructs federal employees and federal contractors in flight procedures development and evaluation techniques via classroom and computer-based training.
- Develops and revises lesson plans as well as computer-based courses. Acts as a subject matter expert by applying advanced technical concepts in the area of aviation and provides assistance in creation of training material. Assists in the preparation of schedules, maintenance of training records and ensures that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by each student.
- Evaluates and monitors student's performance.
- Usually requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with senior level management and internal and external customers, as well as foster an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers.
- Must be able to work, manage, and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- Must have excellent communication skills, to include both verbal and written.
- Experience in: aviation policies, procedures, or management. Highly qualified candidates will have previous instructor experience whether as a classroom instructor, flight instructor, etc.
- A degree in an Aeronautical, Aviation or Air Traffic Control career field.
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience in Terminal Flight Procedures (TERPS) and aviation safety.
- Highly qualified candidates will possess previous FAA experience; previous air traffic controller experience; previous pilot experience; previous flight deck training (FDT); air traffic controller, or an aviation safety inspector when employed by the FAA, the Military, or airline.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.