Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- The potential to work from home during COVID-19
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
Leidos is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to join the ESA V team. The ESA V program is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including O&M, Engineering, Service Desk, Deskside Service, Print Services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and Video Conferencing, among others.
Primary Responsibilities/Areas of expertise:
- Propose and implement system enhancements to provide additional functionality and address new infrastructure and security requirements.
- Diagnose and resolve system and infrastructure problems quickly.
- Enforce best practices for software and infrastructure systems, communicate these to development organization, and monitor and enforce compliance.
- Maintain architecture processes and documentation as defined by Client management and Program Management.
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and able to explore alternatives
- Technically lead technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Manage defect and technical debt backlogs to prioritize work
- Support architecture with the delivery of customer Cloud Strategies and solutions, aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
- Utilize prior demonstrate technical cloud engineering knowledge to develop and deploy cloud-based solutions with a focus on Azure.
- Coordinate closely with leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of technical approach, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
- Strong documentation and collaboration skills, dealing with critical solutions supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Maintain Windows environments to include Windows Server and workstations and implement changes/best practices as necessary
- Utilize PowerShell scripting and other languages like Python to support enterprise solutions.
- Manage Active Directory to include Group Policy Management (GPO) and implement changes as necessary
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain VMware environments.
- Work with networking devices, particularly f5 load balancers and Cisco.
- Assist with debugging systemic issues.
- Provide concise direction to correct system problems
- Supports Operations escalations to Engineering for complex issues.
- Provide weekly status reports
Hands-on technical experience in most or all of the following areas:
- Azure Gov Cloud
- NetApp storage systems
- SQL server
- Windows servers (2012, 2016, 2019 a plus) to include group policy management, active directory management, ADFS, DNS, SCCM, SCOM, print management, file management, etc.
- O365 management
- VMware/ESXi virtualization (v6.5, v6.7)
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- F5 load balancers
- Linux servers (RHEL, Oracle)
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years prior experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer or similar, with current focus on virtualized and cloud environments hosting both Windows and Linux operating systems. Master’s degree, 6+ years prior relevant experience. Years of experience may also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Proven experience preparing and presenting technical documentation to various audiences.
- Hands-on technical experience in maintaining and supporting large enterprise systems (particularly Windows and some Linux)
- MS Azure cloud experience and hands on work to include prior on-premise Data Center experience.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments or projects in parallel, balancing time and schedule based on the business priorities of the organization
Desired Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Preferred certification: MCSE, ITILv4 Foundations, Azure
- Experience with iManage and Relativity strongly preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.